* Ez még nincsen lefordítva!After receiving feedback about the closing servers we've decided to make a few changes. We will keep game world 3 instead of game world 7 to keep at least one game world with days of 60 minutes.
We also added some extra time to the slower game worlds. Rr4 and rr11 will continue until the 31st of december. Rr8 will continue for another year and end on the 1st of april 2018.
* Ez még nincsen lefordítva!Because of the amount of players we have decided to close half of the gameworlds. If your gameworld is closing you will be able to play there for half a year.
On the 1st of oktober we will close rr3, rr4, rr5, rr8, rr9, rr11 and beta. If your VIP status on any of these gameworlds is active more than a week after the gameworld ends you can go to "become vip" to get your VIP-chips back. This will work even if you have already used the make player credits.
By cleaning up these gameworlds we expect to be able to speed up the server for the remaining gameworlds and get more players per gameworld.
* Ez még nincsen lefordítva!We've updated the main calendar with the 2017 tournaments. All the newly scheduled seasons will use the new calendar.
The seasons are scheduled at the start of week 26, so if this week already passed in your gameworld the next season will still have the old calendar.
* Ez még nincsen lefordítva!Over the past few days it was hard to play Rocking Rackets. We are truly sorry this happened and that it took this long for us to solve it. But, it is now solved, and we believed these problems will not return.
On Friday we started to notice that our server was responding slow and failing often. These symptoms were similar to the problems we experienced in August, when the other server died. Uh-oh. This was not a good situation. Over the weekend we ordered new servers and installed them. Rocking Rackets now runs on two brand new machines. These machines have better specs in all regards, so we hope performance issues will be a thing of the past.
We have extended all VIPs to cover the downtime. Game worlds rr2, rr3, rr6, rr10, vip1 and beta1 have been rolled back to Friday 1 AM (UTC). The other worlds have been rolled back to Monday 1 AM (also UTC), because older backups aren't available. The clocks may still show "Updating". That will be fixed in a couple of hours once a game week has finished.
If you see anything that used to work and doesn't anymore, please let me know.
* Ez még nincsen lefordítva!
We're pleased to announce that Delft Games, the company responsible for Rocking Rackets, released a new game.
The game is called TopoTrivia and is a quiz game on Facebook to test and improve your knowledge of topography. As a Rocking Rackets player you will probably recognise more flags than the average person. With this game you can challenge your friends on this topic, but also on cities in almost all countries in the world, on countries in the different continents, and on provinces or states.
The questions start easy and become harder when you get more experience, which makes this not only a fun game but also a useful and easy way to learn more about places in the world.
We had very positive reactions during the beta tests and now we're happy to see how the game is received by other people.
If you want to try it out you need to have a Facebook account and go to:
TopoTrivia on Facebook
Our apologies to people who don't have a Facebook account or can't have one in their country but for now the game is only offered on that platform.